How do I become SECOR certified?
Achieving your SECOR can seem like a daunting task. However, this can really be simplified following these easy steps:
- Have a health and safety program
- Implement this program including:
- Vehicle, site, office inspections
- Fire extinguisher inspections
- Employee training and competency verification
- Completion of hazard assessments recognition and control for your work
- Having and testing an emergency response plan
- Incident investigations and corrections of areas where improvements are required
- Safety Meetings
- Management taking part all aspects of the health and safety program
This list is not inclusive of all items required
- Having a WCB account for your company
- Becoming a member of an injury reduction group or certifying partner
- Apply for your SECOR/SECOR for your organization.
- Follow the steps outlined in the application to achieve your SECOR
- Complete the application
- Complete the necessary training
- Submit the required documents or set up the audit when applicable
If you are trying to achieve your SECOR and would like to speak to our small business support team for more information, please feel free to contact us 1-844-458-8117 or book your free consultation today.